Sunday, January 4, 2009

Networked Blogs Application at facebook



Have a blog? facebook? Then you will love the Networked Blogs application at facebook.

Essentially it is another way to promote your blog, in a friendly way to your facebook friends and to the whole facebook community, too.

First, you have to add the application by visiting this page.

You will need to temporarily add an html code to your blog to 'claim your blog.' It's very easy and only takes a minute or two. You could ask 10 friends to help you claim your blog, but this could take awhile, so the the HTML code feature is best in my opinion.

Next, invite your friends on facebook to join your Blog Network. I have found that most friends I invite do join, so that is really nice.

Here is the best part...once you have 11 Readers, your blog posts will automatically post to your profile! I love that! I usually manually post my blog posts to my facebook, so having it automatically post just makes my life that much easier.

You can also add a widget to your blog, so that your readers can easily find you on facebook. You find this by clicking on "Promote Your Blog."

You can join my blog network here. And my Bella Casa Decorating on a Budget blog here. Thanks!

And if you have your blog on facebook, or decide to add it, please let me know so that I can add you, too!



6 comments:

Duni said...

Hi Bella!

I am truly honored to be your 'blog of the month'. That's really made my day. You're a star!

I haven't checked out facebook yet, although plenty people I know have their site on it. I'm on three local networks plus my selling site, so I was wondering how to keep up with it all. Plus I'm working on my own site too! But I'm going to check out facebook anyway!

best,
Duni

Anne B said...

hi bella,
thanks for posting this! i do have a blog,and it is my goal this year to post to it more.

Pam Hawk said...

Oh WOW. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you!

...hopping back over to FB to follow your blog...

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I'm glad you posted about this. I joined the Networked Blogs thing but now I'm not sure what to do from here. I've seen it on your page but couldn't figure out how to become a fan. I'll click on this link you gave us and maybe that'll help me understand.

Thanks!!

Robin @ My Blessed Nest said...

Bella, thank you so much for this information! I have been wanting to attract readers to my blog and to encourage my personal friends to read it also. I think I have done everything right and I have joined your facebook network...I hope you will join mine at http://apps.new.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/my_blessed_nest/. Thanks again!

Bella Casa said...

Hi Pam, Julia & Robin! I have signed up for all of your blogs at facebook :)