Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How to Make a Really Good Cup of Coffee on a Budget

I don't know about you, but I have to have my coffee in the morning. And it has to taste really good, too. And even though our family is on a tighter budget than ever before, I am still, thankfully, able to have a great cup of joe every morning!












Here's how:




I'm very picky about my coffee. No weak beans or burnt tasting java for me. I like it smooth and hot with just a touch of flavor to it. The perfect coffee at a great price are both, the Folgers Flavored Coffee...








...and the Maxwell House Flavored Coffees. I like French Vanilla the best, for both brands.



Stock Up When The Coffee is Half Off!





The original price of both of these coffees is approximately $4.99 at all of my area grocery stores. But every 4-6 weeks, one brand is on sale for HALF PRICE at Meijer Grocery Store. So, whenever I see that it is on sale, I buy about 5-6 containers of it to stock up. This way, I usually have enough on hand to last until the next sale. Meijer is located in the Midwest, but I am sure that if they have this sale, that other stores in other parts of the country must run this sale, too. So, keep a look out for it.


I take cream in my coffee, but to save on that, I buy the NJoy Cream in bulk from Costco. It's actually a pretty good creamer. I recommend it.


Coffee-mate Flavored Cream At Christmas time, I do like to indulge in the flavored creamers from Coffee-mate. I really liked their Tiramisu flavor of all things! They usually are on sale around all big holidays and you can usually find a coupon in your local paper for more savings. The hard part? Weaning myself off of the flavored creamers after the holidays are over!




So, this is how I have a great cup of coffee on a budget. I hope some of these tips help you, too! Life is too short for weak or burnt coffee, I say!









VOIP

No comments: